PENGARUH GOOD CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DAN FINANCIAL DISTRESS TERHADAP MANAJEMEN LABA PADA PERUSAHAAN INDONESIA YANG MASUK DALAM ASEAN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE SCORECARD

Wieta Chairunesia, Putri Renalita Sutra, Sely Megawati Wahyudi

Abstract


The era of globalization requires companies that have go public have a competitive advantage and strong competitiveness to survive in the capital market. Companies are not only required to produce quality products for consumers, but also have good corporate governance (corporate governance), meaning the company's management policy should be able to ensure the sustainability of the business. Profit becomes one of the important factors for investors so managers often use profit as engineering targets. This profit engineering is known as earnings management. In addition to Good Corporate Governance there are other factors that influence managers to perform earnings management ie financial distress. This research is aimed to find out the influence of good corporate governance and financial distress to earnings management in Indonesian companies which are included in ASEAN corporate governance scorecard. The type of research used is quantitative and the research sample is determined based on purposive sampling. The analytical method used by using the analysis tool is multiple linear regression. The results showed that the coefficient of determination adjusted for 0.173 means 17.3% variable Earnings Management is influenced by Good Corporate Governance and Financial distress variables. While the remaining 82.7% influenced by other factor. Result of F test that simultaneously variable of Good Corporate Governance and Financial distress have significant influence to earnings management variable. The result of partial variable t test of Good Corporate Governance has no effect to Profit Management. While the Financial Distress has a positive and significant impact on Profit Management.

Keywords


Good Corporate Governance; Financial Distress; Earnings Management; ASEAN CG Scorecard



DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22441/profita.v11.02.006

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2018 Jurnal Profita

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Footer

Jurnal Profita: Komunikasi Ilmiah Akuntansi dan Perpajakan

Portal ISSNPrint ISSN: 2086-7662
Online ISSN: 2622-1950


View My Stats

Lisensi Creative Commons
Ciptaan disebarluaskan di bawah Lisensi Creative Commons Atribusi-NonKomersial 4.0 Internasional.

The OJS of "Jurnal Profita: Komunikasi Ilmiah Akuntansi dan Perpajakan" is Indexed by:

ROAD ISSN IndexPKP IndexGoogle ScholarGaruda RistekdiktiNeliti.com
DRJI Indexed JournalIPI GarudaRelawan Jurnal Indonesia No.68DOAJ Logo
(Dalam Proses)
Crossref logo
(Dalam Proses)

Tim Editorial Office
Jurnal Profita: Komunikasi Ilmiah Akuntansi dan Perpajakan

Fakultas Ekonomi Dan Bisnis
Universitas Mercu Buana
Jl. Raya Meruya Selatan, Kembangan, Jakarta-11650
Telp.021-5840816 Ext. 5342, Fax. 021-5871312
Jakarta
Email. (editor.profita@mercubuana.ac.id).
Website. (http://publikasi.mercubuana.ac.id/index.php/profita)